- What areas does Lucid Water Co. service?
Lucid Water Co. services British Columbia residents in Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island and The Okanagan
- Is there an installation cost?
No. All costs are included in the flat monthly rate.
- Is there a contract when I rent a Lucid Water Co. water dispenser or under counter filtration system?
No. The term is open ended, and you can cancel at any time with 30 days notice.
- Does the Lucid Water Co. water dispenser have to be located next to a sink?
No, it can be located anywhere in the building, so long as a water source exists somewhere in the building. There are many water sources that we can connect to, including hot water tanks, outdoor taps or shared washrooms (as in office buildings).
- How long does an installation take?
It depends on the level of difficulty. However, most installations take approximately half an hour to complete.
- What are the methods of payment?
Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or online payment through any credit union.
- How do I know when it’s time to service our Lucid Water Co. water dispenser or under counter filtration system?
The staff at Lucid Water keeps track of this for you. Our service technicians automatically service your water dispenser every 3 months for office water filtration and every 6 months for residential water filtration. We always leave a service sticker so you know when it was serviced last, by whom, and what service was completed.
- Does the Lucid Water Co. filters work with well water?
Yes, but only if the well water is potable.
- Is the Lucid Water Co. water dispenser available for purchase?
No, the Lucid water dispenser with the self-filling bottle is available for rent only, and the rental cost includes the service and maintenance. However, there are other types of point-of-use water dispensers available for purchase. Contact us for more information.
- If I already own a point-of-use water dispenser, can we contract Lucid Water Co. to service our dispenser?
Yes. Contact us for servicing rates.
- How is the water processed or purified?
Triple stage ultra-filtration. The trio of filters are exclusive to Lucid Water Co., and are specially designed to remove the impurities from British Columbia’s unique water supply. Here is a breakdown:
1st Filter- 5 micron coconut carbon block filter cartridge with 95% removal of chlorine, taste, and odor or 0.5 micron powder activated carbon filter with a separate core of special resin that reduces lead (depending on water type).
2nd Filter- high performance 0.5 micron sediment filter.
3rd –Anti-microbial 0.5 micron carbon block cartridge with controlled silver release. Removes chlorine, taste, and odor, as well as fine sediment and cysts such as cryptosporidium and giardia. Treated with bacteriostat to effectively reduce the growth of bacteria on the filter media. Enhanced dirt holding capacity.
- How is filtration different from reverse osmosis?
Reverse osmosis removes all the impurities from the water, but it also removes the beneficial minerals as well. Filtration removes the majority of the impurities, but it leaves the minerals in the water, resulting in a better tasting, healthier water. Also, reverse osmosis is an incredibly wasteful process, wasting approximately 5 times as much water as it produces. Filtration produces zero waste water. Read more about reverse osmosis here.
|Didn’t find the answer?